Worship festivals are exciting events that can be multifaceted. When looking for a worship festival to attend you may be wondering what organization is hosting it and what the main vision and beliefs are. Additionally, you may want it to be a fun event with other activities to attract your non-believing friends. In contrast, you may want a festival that focuses mostly on worship. All of these options are possible.
What Christian worship festivals are available? There are over 20 Christian worship festivals that occur annually. Some of these include Amplify Fest, Atlanta Fest, Big Ticket Festival, City Fest, Creation Fest, and many more. Some festivals occur for numerous days and provide various activities in addition to worship. Many of these festivals are free, yet some do charge for admission.
The following list is in alphabetical order. All the details you need to know are listed, such as location, time of year, additional activities, and cost.
1. Amplify Fest
The goal of Amplify Fest is to bridge the gap between those who are outside the church and those who are inside the church. This festival is a platform to spread the gospel to many people. Local sponsorship by businesses church and individuals pays for the cost of the event. Below is a list of good to know information concerning this festival.
- Located at Holland Chapel Baptist Church in Benton, AR.
- This two-day event takes place every summer (typically June or August).
- Completely Free to the Public.
- Tickets and registration are required but are available for free online.
- Volunteer Options are available.
In previous years, the following artists performed: Casting Crowns, Kari Jobe, Tauren Wells, We Are Messengers, Flame, Stars Go Dim, and Cody Carnes. Amplify festival also has opportunities for vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor, you can fill out an application on their website.
Find more information and specific dates here.
AtlantaFest is a Christian music festival that also has a keynote speaker(s). The location has changed and is now within an amphitheater. Tickets are available online. There are different rates based on the time of purchase. Below are some of the general prices.
- Located at “The Bowl” in Downtown Sugar Hill in GA.
- Currently hosted in August but may be subject to change.
- General admission – $40 for unassigned first come first serve seats.
- VIP – $55 for preferred seating and dinner with the headliner.
- VIP Suite – $500 for 8 VIP tickets within a suite that provides tables, chairs, an electrical outlet and a fan.
- Vendor Booth – $370 to host a booth (food, college exhibition, non-profit ministry, or other).
Artists have included Danny Gokey, JJ Weeks, Natasha Owens, Tori Harper, Attaboy, Bobby McGraw, and Humbletip.
For more details, click here.
3. Big Ticket Festival
The Big Ticket Festival desires to “gather the tribes and give glory to God; through bringing family and friends together in celebration of God the Father. the Son, and Spirit. We believe that a genuine celebration of God leads to awakened souls and changed hearts.” This festival is led by a non-profit called White Stone Project.
Goals and Accomplishments Met in 2017
- Approximately 38,000 people were reached over the course of 4 days.
- There were over 2000 messages on the cross.
- More than $10,000 was raised for vulnerable children.
- 1,900 shoeboxes were packed for Operation Christmas Child.
- 300 Units of Blood was donated.
- Over 5,000 people shared in communion together.
- More than 60 artists and speakers were featured.
- Located in Gaylord, MI.
- This occurs each summer.
- 4 Day Event.
- Tickets are available online.
- Full festival pass ranges from $79-$139 or $69-129 for Jr. admission.
- One day tickets are $35-45 or $35 for Jr. admission.
- Group full pass (minimum of 10 people) is $99
- Family pass is $325-$499.
- There are additional options for premier parking, meet and greet, and preferred seating.
- Camping is available on site.
- There are various activities and experiences available throughout the event space.
Check out the website to order tickets or receive additional information here.
4. CityFest Texas
CityFest Texas is an evangelistic festival led by Andrew Palau. This event features award-winning artists, but the main focus is the clear gospel message that is presented each night. Before the actual festival, there are often outreach gatherings in the area the week prior. Some of the ministries have included prison outreach, luncheons with men, gatherings for women, and Spanish-speaking event. Over 100,000 people have been reaching per year due to the event and activities surrounding the event.
- Located in “The Square” in downtown Tyer, TX in October.
- CityFest occurs throughout the year.
- This two-day event is completely free.
- There is an interactive fun family zone, professional skaters doing stunt demos, BMX, FMX.
- The event is also recorded online.
- CityFest also travels to other states and cities.
- There are various opportunities to serve and volunteer through this ministry and event.
For further information, click here.
5. Creation Festival
The vision of the Creation Festival is to spread the gospel to youth by means of music and word. The mission is to offer evangelistic events for children and people of all ages to encounter a life change. The goal is to fuel a lasting impact that continues through discipleship, the local church, and a personal heart transformation through the Holy Spirit.
Ultimately, the purpose of the festival is to bridge the gap between the churched and the unchurched. The Creation Festival is one of the largest Christian festivals within the entire world.
- Located in on the Agape Farm in Shireleysburg, PA.
- The festival occurs each summer.
- Tickets are available online. Ticket rates depend on the time of purchase. There are special group rates available. The sooner the tickets are purchased the cheaper they are.
- VIP seating and passes are available.
- There is an exclusive meet and greet available upon additional purchase.
- The event covers a span of four days.
- Camping is available near the event venue and there are various hotels around the same area.
Discover more information here.
6. En Fuego
Because of a testimony of a young girl, En Fuego was established. The young girl, at the time, heard the gospel through the retreat that occurred before the festival. She shared her testimony of receiving Christ and of being excited to bring this news to her unstable family at home. Due to this, a large scale festival was created. Various denominations gather for this event.
- Located in Verbena, AL (address and directions are present on the website).
- Admission is free.
- This is a one-day event.
- Concessions are available and clearly listed with prices on the En Fuego website.
- There are volunteer and sponsorship opportunities.
In the past, For King and Country, Mercy Me, Natalie Grant, Tenth Avenue North, and Plumb were featured. Furthermore, TobyMac, Jeremy Camp, Kari Job, Skillet, Third Day, Big Daddy Weave, and Crowder performed. Additional groups include Hawk Nelson, SuperChick, Kutless, Pillar, Family Force 5, and Colton Dixon.
Find more information here.
NextFest is a Christian festival that provides an affordable concert appropriate for church groups, families, and the public. This is an outdoor festival that continues whether rain or shine. Featured artists have included Andy Mineo, Britt Nicole, Colton Dixon, JJ Weeks, and Brent Tatum.
- Located in Fayetteville, NC.
- Currently scheduled for October 12, but may be subject to change each year.
- Tickets and passes are only available online through eventbrite.com.
- General admission is $10.
- Tickets available at the gate can only be purchased with cash for $15
- VIP tickets are $40.
- Parking is free.
- A kid zone entertainment area is available, as well as food vendors.
If you’re looking for further information, click here.
GraceFest has been providing music and messages since 2007. This festival is a place to corporately gather to worship, no matter the denomination that one may have. Furthermore, it allows the opportunity for interactions with people who are outside of the church, or who attend a different church. It is a unified gathering of the Body Of Christ. Moreover, GraceFest uses this event to raise funds for a non-profit that provides Christian school scholarships for children.
- Located in Palmdale, CA.
- Currently, the event takes place in September.
- General Admission is Free.
- Tickets are available online for reserved seating. The cost is $20 a seat or $15 a seat if there are four or more tickets purchased.
- Parking is free.
- There are Christian arts, kid’s activities, and ministry opportunities available throughout the event.
- There is a youth performance stage in addition to the main stage.
- Volunteer options are available.
Headlining artists have featured Jeremy Riddle, South Country Worship, The Highland Worship Band, Mercy Me, and Tacha Cobbs Leonard.
Further detail is available here.
9. Hills Alive
Hills Alive is a large event that is focused on outreach ministry. The mission is to equip and inspire individuals in the way of Christ. Hills Alive desires that people are ready to put their faith into action. The organization values compassion, integrity, and resilience. These core values dictate the content and function of their event each year.
Furthermore, Hills Alive strives to work on a local, regional, nation and international level. The goal is that all peoples are impacted. They believe that the festival will impact individuals to make a change themselves and then their world.
- Located in Memorial Park in Rapid City, SD.
- Occurs on the third weekend of every July.
- This is a free two-day event.
- There is a KidsZone with outreach ministry, on-state shows, a bouncy village, and a children’s tent.
- Merchandise vendors, non-profit booths and food vendors are located on-site.
- Volunteer options are available.
- The events bring about 20,000-25,000 people each day.
Main stage artists have included, For King and Country, Big Daddy Weave, Matt Maher, Unspoken, I Am They, Tim Timmons, JJ Weeks, and others. The festival includes some of the most popular Christian artists per year.
More information is listed here.
10. Joy Fest
Joy Fest is a gospel music festival that occurs annually. The artists that perform at this festival are all gospel artists. Previous performers include Kirk Franklin, Marvin Snapp, Fred Hammond, Jonathan McReynolds, Koryn Hawthorne, and Kymberli Joye. Additionally, there have been spoken word artists, such as Egypt Speaks. Furthermore, multi-talented singers and emcees have been featured, like Mr. Talkbox.
- Located in both Carowinds in Charlette NC, and Kings Dominion in Doswell, VA.
- These events occur annually on various dates throughout the summer.
- Tickets are available for purchase online (prices may vary).
- Volunteer options are available.
The information concerning this event is spread out through various online media. I have listed and explained the primary ones to help you uncover the needed information.
Details about event dates, updates, photos, and videos can be found on the Joy Fest facebook page. There is also a homepage website that can lead you to other social media platforms or an email sign up here. Additional details about tickets, artists, and FAQs are available here.
11. Kingdom Bound
Kingdom Bound ministries use numerous platforms to share the gospel. Some of these include an annual performing arts festival, concerts, conferences, and outreach. The ministry’s core values are honoring God, serving others, practicing stewardship, and cultivating creativity. The Kingdom Bound festival is an exciting and multifaceted event.
- Located at Six Flags Darien Lake Theme Park in Darien Center, NY.
- The event annually occurs each summer.
- This is a four-day event.
- Tickets are available online at different rates depending on single days or a complete package.
- Full event tickets include the festival, amusement park, and waterpark. A full four-day pass is approximately $124 (rates may change based on when purchased).
- Various VIP seats and passes are also available for purchase.
- Lodging opportunities are given, including camping, hotels, suites, RV rental, and glamping.
- There are various stages, exclusive events, seminars, art, kids events, youth groups, a marketplace, and an amusement park.
The 2020 lineup has the Newsboys United, Casting Crowns, and TobyMac as the main artists. Other artists also perform and are listed later. Additionally, the 2020 speaker is Reggie Dabbs. Each year new artists and speakers are selected.
Find more details here.
KingsFest is a Christian music festival that is endorsed by Liberty University, fillthega concerts, and Premier Festivals. The artist lineup for 2019 presented Bethel Music, Zack Williams, We Are Messengers, and Unspoken on the first day of the event. The second-day featured TobyMac, John Crist, Jordan Feliz, Micah Tyler, and Disciple. Lastly, For King and Country, Crowder, Building 429, and Burlap to Cashmere performed.
- Located at Kings Dominion Amphitheater in Doswell, VA.
- Occurs annually each June.
- This is a three-day event.
- Tickets are available for purchase online.
- VIP platinum packages and meet and greets are available.
- Park admission and concert tickets are required.
The details for KingsFest are spread over a few different web locations. Due to this, I have listed below the various sites with their purpose and description.
KingsFest’s Facebook page lists upcoming events, photos, videos, and brief information. The organization is open to receiving facebook messages for additional details. Moreover, the KingsFest homepage leads to twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and email signup. Tickets, lineup information, rules, and location are listed here.
Lifest describes itself as “a party with a purpose.” This is a family-friendly event that provides fellowship with the Body of Christ for all ages. Therefore, is also a place to celebrate and connect with the love of God. As a result, families especially commend Lifest for being a safe and inviting place for children to experience. Lifest works strategically and intentionally with the youth year-round and focuses its event on impacting the younger generations.
Listed below are ticket and accommodation info:
- Located in Oshkosh, WI.
- Occurs each year in July.
- This is a four-day event.
- Full events tickets for adults are $57.
- Youth full event tickets (8-15) are $28.50. Children 7 and under are free.
- One day tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for youth.
- Prices go up after Dec. 31st prior to the event.
- Group rates lower the cost depending on the size of the group.
- Various VIP priveledges can be purchased.
- Parking is $20 for the full event of $10 per day.
- Camping is available.
Event experience is listed below:
- 5k Benefit runners receive a shirt and free ticket for the Saturday of the event,
- Artspace and materials are free but open for donations.
- The Blood Drive is sponsored by the Community Blood Center.
- Each night free bonfire worship occurs after the final headliner.
- The Compassion Experience is a free tour of what life is like for children in developing countries.
- The escape room is $60 per group of 6-8 people.
- Ride a 50-foot Ferris wheel for $3.
- Inflatable games cost $10 a day or $20 for the full event.
- A petting zoo is open for a $1 donation.
- A photo scavenger hunt is free. The winning team receives a prize.
- There is an interacted prayer journey consistently available.
- The free graffiti wall allows individuals to express themselves.
- “Rock the Flock Dance Party” is free at the KidZone.
- Sports tournaments are also free.
- Warrior training is a fast-paced physical experience that helps individuals understand Godly character.
- Christian yoga is available for free.
Find more information and each year’s headliners here.
14. Life Light Milbank
The goal of Life Light Milbank is to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. This ministry opens up the opportunity for people who usually do not attend church. Testimonies express that many people opposed to church attended this event and were changed by it. In 2018, approximately 34,020 people hear the gospel. The festival is divided into smaller events across the United States of America and internationally, rather than one big event
- Located in Watford City, ND, LE Mars, IA, Okoboji, IA, Marshall, MN, Rock Valley, IA, and Milbank, SD.
- Each location has its own details and event time.
- Admission is dependent upon the location and event type.
- Festivals include music, speakers, action sports, a safe atmosphere, and the love of Christ.
To locate details about each festival and about the ministry in general, click here.
15. Livin Out Loud
Livin Out Loud focuses to unite in fellowship believers. Additionally, it functions as an outreach event to share the gospel. The festival takes place in an outdoor location. The purpose of the event is to glorify Jesus Christ through all things. Moreover, the goal is to unite all churches as the entire Body of Christ, while providing family fun and bonding, and an approachable event for non-believing communities.
- Located at Lake Helen in Gothenburg, NE.
- Happens each year in the summer.
- This is a two-day event.
- Concert admittance is free.
- Christ-centered family fun activities are available.
- Food and merchandise vendors and non-profit booths are available and open for the public to apply to host their own.
- Music, activities, and speakers are present at the event.
For King and Country, Sidewalk Prophets, Todd Delaney, Love Collide, and the Lasting Hope have been featured artists.
More information is present here.
PointFest is a Christian music festival that takes place at the amusement park, Cedar Point. It is both an outreach ministry and a time of fellowship of believers. The 2019 concert lineup included Micah Tyler, John Crist, Elevation Worship, TobyMac, and Zack Williams.
- Located in Sandusky, OH at Cedar Point.
- It takes place in September.
- This is a one-night-only event.
- Tickets can be purchased online and are cheapest the sooner they are ordered.
- Activities are focused mostly on the concert. There is the amusement park and water park available separately.
In order to find all the needed details for this event, you may have to go to various websites. I recommend looking on the Cedar Point website or Facebook page. Below I have provided links to all the sites with some insight into each one.
PointFest can be found on the Cedar Point website for artist details, tickets, maps, and schedule. The PointFest Facebook page also has details, links to buy tickets, photos, vides, and updates. Details cannot always be found no the PointFest main webpage. But, this may change closer to the event.
17. Rock the Desert
Rock the Desert has been providing a Christian concert for nineteen years. It is connected with StoneGate, Family Life Radio, Compassion Ministry, and First Baptist Midland. This festival prides itself on featuring the largest names in Christian music, who have won various awards. Rock the Desert is mainly an outdoor event but it does have some indoor activities.
- Located in Midland Texas.
- The festival occurs every summer.
- This is a three-day event.
- Tickets can range from either $20-850 depending on the package or group. VIP packages include many add ons, merchandise, special seating, and meet and greets.
- Merchandise can be purchased separately at the event if so desired.
- Camping and RV accommodations are available through the festival.
- There are various opportunities for volunteering upon application.
- An indoor skatepark is open to the public.
Headlining artists have included Kari Jobe, TobyMac, Lecrae, Skillet, Disciple, and Hollyn. Additional artists and speakers also perform.
Find volunteer information, purchase tickets, sign up for lodging and receive answers to additional questions here.
18. Rock the Island
In 2012, Rock the Island began as a social and racial safe place for all people. Focused on kindness and gentleness, Rock the Island has created an event filled solely with positive messages and experience. The heart behind the ministry is to impact the communities, strengthen families, and intervene in the life of youths.
- Located on Ojibway Island in Saginaw, MI.
- This occurs on a Saturday every June from noon to 8pm.
- This is a one-day event.
- Tickets are free for ages 10 and under.
- Ages 11-18 or either $5 online or $10 at the gate.
- Ages 19 and up at $10 online and $20 at the gate.
- Parking on the island is $10.
- Volunteer opportunities included for event set up, tear down and clean up.
- Non-profit booths and food vendors are available for the public to enjoy and host.
In previous years, Kutless, Newsboys, Crowder, Danny Gokey, Lecrae Francesca Battistelli, and Thousand Foot Krutch have been featured. Other speakers, such as Gary Chapman, author of “The 5 Love Languages”, have been connected with Rock the Island.
Tickets, details, contact information, local church listings and more, are available here.
19. Rock the Park
Rock the Park is a festival that features many artists. Some artists are contemporary, like Christ Tomlin, but other artists fit into the Christian rock genre. This is an upbeat and high energy concert.
- Located at Carowinds Palladium Amphitheater in Charlotte, NC.
- The event takes place every summer on a Saturday in June.
- This is a one-day event.
- Admission and concert tickets are required and can be purchased online.
- Parking passes are also required.
- No additional activities are listed within the concert. However, the venue is at an amusement park with a water park and other attractions.
When searching for additional information, be aware that there are various websites. You may not be able to find all the information you need in one location. I have put all the website I found helpful below.
Tickets, parking passes, and admission can be purchased here. Details about the Carowinds amusement park can be found here. The Rock the Park Facebook page has additional information. Find it here. Lastly, the homepage for Rock The Park is available here, to direct you to other social media and email signups.
20. SonRise Music Festival
SonRise Ministries is the non-profit organization behind the festival. The whole of the ministry remains focused on Christ through prayer, the desire of God, and following the Bible. Hearts are transformed and brought into a community. As a result, the Body of Christ is unified and the hurting and broken are given hope.
- It is located on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
- It occurs each year (specific date changes each year).
- This is a 3-day event.
- Over 20 artists are featured.
- Only one ticket needs to be purchased for the entire event.
- Non-perishable food items can be brought to benefit the homeless ministry.
The artist lineup for 2019 presented Colton Dixon, Disciple, The OutCry, Sanctus Real, Destination Worship, and many others.
Find more information about the non-profit and event here.