We interview Caleb Ives, the Executive Director at Emmaus Ministries.
Reading the Bible can be a difficult discipline to learn and enjoy. Some treat Bible reading like it is a secondary discipline behind prayer or worship.
According to Lifeway Research, reading the Bible is the most influential spiritual discipline in our faith.
The Bible is a story of a faithful God to unfaithful people.
Understanding the metanarrative of the Bible, the overarching story of redemption, is one of the most key skills in understanding it.
Caleb teaches us 3 easy steps to reading the Bible better. Observe. Interpret. Apply.
- How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stewart
- Grasping God’s Word by Scott Duvall and Daniel Hays
- Inductive Bible Study by David Bauer and Robert Traina
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stewart
- Inductive Bible Study by Richard Alan Fuhr and Andreas Köstenberger
We would love any of your comments or questions about the episode here.
If you’re a leader interested in being a guest on Just Disciple, feel free to get in touch here.